Increased danger on the road applies to roadways in and around Tampa Bay, too. By being aware of some of the most dangerous roads in your area, you can take care to practice caution on them to prevent accidents.
The most dangerous Tampa Bay roads include:
- Brandon Boulevard: This 7-mile stretch is the most crash-worthy section of roadway in Tampa and has an average of 25 crashes per mile. This long road extends from Falkenburg Road to Dover Road and recorded 180 crashes in just one year. Speeding is one of the main dangers that contribute to accidents on this road, despite there being a speed limit of 40 to 50 miles per hours.
- Interstate 4: this highway is the most dangerous of all roadways in the area and is even recognized by some studies as being in the top 10 of the most dangerous highways in the country. A study showed that over six years, there were 1.41 fatalities per mile on the highway.
- Hillsborough Avenue: This stretch of road had 176 crashes in a year, or 19.8 per mile. The road has major traffic, as it’s one of the main road that connects driver to Tampa International Airport, the Lowry Park Zoo, and other regional landmarks.
- Gibsonton Drive: This road, which extends from Boyette Road to Balm Riverview Road, is dangerous for motorcycles, as there are lots of left turns involved. Speeding and aggressive driving have been linked to car accidents in this area.
How to Avoid Car Accidents This Summer
It’s important to brush up on safety tips before you go out for a drive, especially during the busy summer months. While it seems obvious to wear your seat belt, 47% of accident victims in 2017 died because they weren’t restrained properly.
Some tips to keep in mind to prevent a car accident, including when you’re on a road trip, include:
- Signal and check your blind spots before meging
- When at intersections, pause on green lights to take note of any possible vehicles running a red light
- Don’t drink or take drugs before driving, and be aware if your medications cause fatigue
- Opt for driving in daylight
Community-Minded Injury AttorneysFor more than 15 years, the caring legal team at Paulsen Law Group has helped those who have been injured in accidents caused by negligence in the entire Tampa Bay area, from Dunedin and Pinellas County to Hillsborough County. Our personal injury lawyers offer our services in a wide range of injury cases, including car accidents, premises liability, pedestrian accidents, and wrongful death. We’re well-versed on state and federal laws, including the statute of limitations for injury cases, and we also take the time to inform our clients so they understand the laws and policies regulating their unique case. Our goal is to help clients get through the legal process as efficiently as possible during a dark and challenging time.
Call Paulsen Law Group for a free consultation today at (888) 352-7180, or contact us online. We’ve handled car accidents including drunk driving accidents, rollovers, uninsured motorist accidents, and more.